Friday, April 6, 2012

#469...painted headboard

I was making up the bed in our loft for our weekend guest, and I realized that I have never posted about the painted headboard that I did in the space. I completed this space in 2008, before a design*sponge loft sneak peek, and long before I started blogging.
The guest bed area of the loft is a tight space. It only has a full back wall and right side wall. The left side wall is a half wall that separates the bed from the entry area of the loft. There is no wall at the foot of the bed and the space is open to the rest of the loft. Here is a shot of the left half wall of the bed space.
When decorating the space, I needed to be thrifty and save space, so I decided to paint a headboard on the wall. I taped off the shape with painter's tape and simply painted out the white headboard with a semi-gloss enamel. I added a opalescent glaze to it once it dried, giving it a pearly appearance. To finish it, I simply added upholstery nail heads to the wall for the detailing. It was really simple, and amazingly I still like it four years later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, made better by the excellent painting. The bedside lighting looks interesting - it's difficult to make out detail. Is it made from the "rope" type lighting sold at places like Home Depot?